Hello my dear students. I'm really excited to begin this new school year, and I'm looking forward to facing all the challenges it will bring. I hope you are, too.
Don't forget to check this page from time to time to see if I have posted information you may further need.
This is it for now. See you in class.
1 notebook (150 pgs.)
A monthly planner
Pens and pencils
Interchange 1 – 7th Grade
Interchange 2 – 8th Grade
Interchange 3 – 9th Grade
Passages 1 – 10th Grade
Passages 2 – 11th Grade
Reading Explorer 1 – 7th Grade
Reading Explorer 2 – 8th Grade
Reading Explorer 3 – 9th Grade
Reading Explorer 4 – 10th Grade
Reading Explorer 4 (to finish last year’s book) – 11th Grade
Every Day Class Work: 10%
Oral Presentation(s) 8%
Extra-Class Work: 12%
- works individually and in groups, completing the assigned tasks on time.
- participates actively and applies the required language at all times.
- brings homework, and presents it in a neat and tidy way.
- shows the book(s) and notebook with all the exercises done, organized, and in pencil.
- brings the materials including signed documents requested by the teacher.
4= Almost always
2= Almost never
5= The ideas are accurate and expressed very clearly, with good spelling and grammar. The topic is explained thoroughly. The studied vocabulary is applied correctly.
4= The ideas are quite accurate and clear. The topic is properly explained. There are few grammar and spelling mistakes. The vocabulary is appropriate but a little limited.
3= The ideas are understandable, somewhat accurate, but not thoroughly explained. There are several grammar and spelling mistakes. Vocabulary is adequate but limited.
2= The ideas are not accurate enough. The message is difficult to understand. Many spelling and grammar mistakes are made. There is inappropriate use of the vocabulary.
1= The message is impossible to understand. There are a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes. There is notorious lack of vocabulary.
Every reading test you'll have this year will require:
- understanding the topic and main points
- answering comprehension questions
- understanding the vocabulary within the context of the readings
- applying the vocabulary of the readings in sentences and paragraphs
- expressing ideas and opinions based on the texts given
- relating background knowledge to the topics read
- distinguishing between fact and opinion
- identifying cause and effect
- identifying author’s purpose
- drawing conclusions
- identifying sequence of events
- making inferences
- comparing and contrasting
- finding the main idea, important facts, and supporting details